In 1999, Vallecitos alumni generously funded the construction of the Vallecitos Hermitage meditation retreat cabin, a secluded cabin with a sunny south-facing deck that overlooks mountains, meadows and the Vallecitos River. The Hermitage is ideal for individuals and couples seeking a private setting for self-reflection.
“I believe I am more reflective and have a stronger commitment to the daily practice of meditation. I have a renewed sense of enthusiasm for my work. Thank you very much for the privilege of experiencing the riches of Vallecitos.”
– Cynthia Chavez
- The heated meditation retreat cabin is furnished with a queen bed and hot plate for heating water (no cooking, please).
- Hermits do not participate in group retreats, but do complete a short yogi job each day.
- Noble silence is observed in and around retreat guests and facilities.
- Shuttle service is available on a limited basis.
- Reservations for our meditation retreat cabin are on a first-come, first-served basis, with the full fee due upon registration. Minimum three-night stay. No refunds for cancellations. Check in 2-4 pm and check out by 11 am.
- Single occupancy: $125/night. Double occupancy: $175/night. Cost includes all meals and accommodations.
- To learn more about attending a self-retreat, please read our Vallecitos Hermitage Information Packet.
Please check availability in the calendar below and then proceed to make your reservation.