Vallecitos is seeking a part-time Registration Manager. Enjoy flexible hours and working from home while making a difference in the Dharma! Approx. 15-25 hours per week. Candidates must have attended at least one silent meditation retreat and an understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion work is crucial. Great customer service, communication, attention to detail and organization are a must as well. Job is located in Durango, CO.
- Manage all guest relations including responding to requests for information or assistance via phone, email and website inquiries.
- Manage all guest registrations including payment, pre-retreat notices, cancellations, transfers, discounts, room assignments, travel logistics, special diet requests and more.
- Manage the Vallecitos phone as emergency contact for retreat opening days.
- Coordinate shuttle for retreat transportation with outsourced vendor.
- Manage all scholarship requests, awarding, and tracking with keen sense of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Load all program and registration information into our retreat software.
- Travel to the retreat center a few times per season to stay overnight as support for staff and to become familiar with the on-site operations
- Manage exporting and importing of data into our donor management software.
- Assist with printing tax acknowledgements and thank yous to donors.
Interested candidates must email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
Live and work on site at this beautiful, remote, off grid location in northern NM. Gain experience in ranch & natural resource management, facility maintenance, retreat management, customer service and mindfulness practice. Applicants must be resourceful, responsible, caring, handy, have strong personhood and some ranch/land management experience. Job is shared with other ranch managers and runs during open season from mid-April to mid-November. We offer fair compensation plus gourmet vegetarian meals and single occupancy heated accommodation.
- Stewarding the land and natural resources
- Ensuring proper maintenance and function of irrigation, water/well, vehicles, solar system
- Maintaining all facilities (approx. 40 structures)
- Keeping a clean and safe environment for guests
- Driving guest shuttle on opening and closing day of retreats
- Assisting retreat manager with timely guest response/communication
- Collecting and ensuring enough firewood for operations (Experience with a chainsaw required)
- Monitoring propane use and coordinating refill logistics
- Managing two weekly town runs (laundry, food pick up, trash, recycle, supplies, etc.)
- Monitoring trash, recycle and compost efforts
- Maintaining barbed wire fencing
- Managing opening and closing of the ranch and facilities seasonally
- Coordinating volunteers when appropriate
- Assisting with guest orientation talk and work meditation job training for guests
- Anticipating and responding to guests needs and safety
- Maintaining medical kit and emergency supplies
- Trail maintenance and familiarity with trail system
- Point person for the emergency plan protocols at the ranch
- CPR/Wilderness First Aid Certified or ability to acquire (required)
Availability: We are looking for both seasonal and back up ranch managers, separately.
- 2 weeks on site end of April/early May for opening
- Retreat season is shared with another ranch manager in a mutually agreed upon schedule to allow for appropriate breaks (breaks are off-site)
- 2 weeks on site late October/early November for closing
- Back up
- attend 1-2 weeks on site end of April/early May for opening
- back up ranch manager during season as schedule needs (as little as a few days up to a few retreats)
- attend 1-2 weeks on site late October/early November for closing
All interested parties please email a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include:
- why you believe you are an ideal candidate for the position
- if you have ever been to Vallecitos before or your connection to the organization
- your related experience
- your availability
- your contact information