Community Care Resources
Featuring: You Belong by Sebene Selassie
With black folks in mind:
- Lama Rod Owens + Katie Loncke: A Dialogue. The author of Love and Rage: The Path of Liberation Through Anger and the Executive Director of Buddhist Peace Fellowship talk about anger, ancestors, messiness, and getting free.
- Love as the Practice of Freedom by: bell hooks (thank you to The Nap Ministry for this)
- Sweet Rest asks, “What does a world that accepts and supports Black women broadly and widely look like?” Check out their subscription options and month-long sabbaticals for Black women.
With white folks in mind:
- Upstander Strategies. What to do when you encounter racialized violence. By SURJ Louisville.
- Brené Brown with Ibram X. Kendi on How to Be an Antiracist
- 5 Ways White People Can Take Action in Response to White and State-Sanctioned Violence
- Join SURJ (Showing up for Racial Justice)
With everyone in mind:
- Grief in a Time of Not Knowing with Roshi Joan Halifax. Irresistible (fka Healing Justice) Podcast.
- What We Can Learn About Resilience from Indigenous Leaders
- “Half Assed Disabled Prepper Tips for Preparing for a Coronavirus Quarantine”
- “Fat-Assed Prepper Survival Tips for Preparing for a Coronavirus Quarantine”
- The Life Breonna Taylor Lived, In the Words of Her Mother by Ta-Nehesi Coates
The Great Fire is a special project of Vanity Fair guest-edited by Ta-Nehisi Coates.
For those with class privilege:
- time to redistribute those stimulus checks, baby — Susan Raffo
- #PassTheLettuce and pledge to redistribute your $1,200 stimulus benefit
- Take the “Fair Care” pledge and continue to pay domestic workers whom you employ who will neither receive Coronavirus-related aid nor unemployment insurance from federal or state governments