Community Care Resources
Resources added June 4th
With black folks in mind:
(Thanks to Pipeline Angels for this)
- Street Somatics: Tips for Regulating During Uprisings from Prentis Hemphill (@prentis.h on Instagram) gives some educational reminders on how to regulate the nervous system.
- Sweet Rest asks, “What does a world that accepts and supports Black women broadly and widely look like?” Check out their subscription options.
With white folks in mind:
- Brené Brown with Ibram X. Kendi on How to Be an Antiracist
- 5 Ways White People Can Take Action in Response to White and State-Sanctioned Violence
With everyone in mind:
- POC and Allies Sitting and Discussion Group with Vallecitos Teacher, Joanna Hardy and Hakim. This Sunday the 7th at 12-1.30 Mountain / 11.00-12.30 Pacific/ 2.00-3.30 Eastern. Passcode: 007090
- Week of Action by the Movement 4 Black Lives
Resources added prior to June 4th
time to redistribute those stimulus checks, baby — Susan Raffo
- What We Can Learn About Resilience from Indigenous Leaders
- PHI Survey: How to Support Direct Care Workers during COVID-19 – if you’re a direct care worker or employer, take this survey to help answer, “What can our sector do to support this vital workforce?”
- Ejeris Dixon on How We Can Use Tools of Mutual Aid to Manage the COVID-19 Pandemic
- “Half Assed Disabled Prepper Tips for Preparing for a Coronavirus Quarantine”
- “Fat-Assed Prepper Survival Tips for Preparing for a Coronavirus Quarantine”
- NDN COVID-19 Response Project provides grants, communication and strategic support to Indigenous people
- For those with class privilege:
- Susan and Bill Morgan Daily Sits from 10.30-11.15 EST
Talks and Guided Meditations from Vallecitos Mountain Retreat Center can be downloaded and streamed from Dharma Seed by visiting vmrc.dharmaseed.org.