Volunteer at Beautiful Vallecitos
Volunteers play an integral role in keeping Vallecitos running. Thank you in advance for your willingness to serve!
What kinds of projects would I be working on?
For our retreat center, we are in need of volunteers capable of helping maintain and improve our facilities as well serving our retreatants.
Retreat Volunteers: Together with our Retreat Manager, you would help out with daily chores such as cleaning facilities, sorting laundry, helping in the kitchen, assisting retreatants, and transporting guests.
Facility Volunteers: Together with out Facilities Manager, there is opportunity to support maintenance tasks such as fixing fences, working on irrigation ditches, gathering firewood, and maintaining the trails throughout the summer.
What’s the commitment?
A minimum of 2 weeks (strong preference for 4 weeks) for a minimum of five hours a day with variations depending on the day.
When can i come?
We can only accommodate volunteers between May 1st and October 31st.
Meet new people and spend time in one of the most stunning and remote landscapes in northern New Mexico while enjoying three delicious vegetarian meals a day. Volunteers “live” in comfortable, single occupancy, heated accommodations. If there’s space, we may be able to offer you a spot on retreat after one month of service.
Do I qualify?
If you can answer yes to all of these questions, then yes!
– I can stay for at least 2 weeks between May 1st and October 31st.
– Vallecitos is located in a remote, high altitude area far from medical services. I do not require proximity to medical facilities and I am able to walk over a mile each day, navigate uneven terrain, lift/carry objects up to 30lbs.
– I can be comfortable without cell service and electricity.
– I can leave my dog at home.
– I have a valid driver’s license.
– I can provide at least 2 references from people familiar with my practice and/or capabilities.
How to Apply
If you answered yes to the statements above, then your next step is to submit a Volunteer Application. If there is a match between your application and Vallecitos’ needs, we’ll get in touch with you. Please note that volunteers are scheduled for the entire season in the beginning of each year therefore January, February and March are a good times to apply.