Become a Volunteer at Beautiful Vallecitos
Volunteers play an integral role in the preparation and every-day duties needed to keep our busy retreat season running smoothly. We thank you in advance for your willingness to serve!
For our retreat center, we are in need of volunteers capable of helping maintain and improve our facilities as well serving our retreatants. Duties include helping our retreat manager and staff with daily chores such as cleaning facilities and performing maintenance work, assisting retreatants, transporting groceries from Taos and helping in the kitchen. In addition, there will be outdoor ranch work such as fixing fences, working on irrigation ditches, gathering firewood, etc. and many trail and ranch projects throughout the summer.
- There is a minimum stay of two weeks,but a month or more is preferred.
- Due to the remoteness of the ranch and the nature of the volunteer work needed, excellent health and physical condition is a requirement.
- You must also have proof of a valid driver’s license.
- No dogs are allowed at the ranch
- We require references before dates are scheduled.
All volunteers receive three delicious vegetarian meals a day and comfortable, single occupancy, heated accommodations. There may be an opportunity to sit a retreat at no cost after a month of volunteer work depending on the availability of space. You will also have the opportunity to meet new people and spend time in one of the most stunning and remote landscapes in northern New Mexico.
All interested parties must submit a Volunteer Application. We will contact you to discuss the opportunity if we have availability.