We are currently looking for additional resources to help manage the land and facilities for beautiful Vallecitos. Preferred candidate has a mindfulness practice and is responsible, caring, handy, hard working and a problem solver. Daily pay rate plus all meals and accommodation. Job responsibilities include:
Opening/Ending Day of Retreat
- Drive shuttle vehicle to pick up/drop off guests
- Prepare CPAP battery requests
- Conduct weekly town run to pick up laundry, food, supplies and drop off trash, recycle and dirty laundry
- Check composts, trash and recycle
- Attend to any issues with housing reported by guests (screen doors, leaks, animals, etc)
- Ensure proper supply of firewood, kindling and paper
- Build any fires requested in the lodge and fire ring out front
- Check water pump, irrigation and water tank
- Daily checklist on solar systems
- CPAP recharging
- Ensure propane levels are good, anticipate when to order/fill smaller tanks as needed.
- Help guests with pilot lights/lighting of heaters
- Manage irrigation
- Check message board for anything you can take care of.
- Keep land, facilities, vehicles and shop clean and organized
- Keep vehicles and tractor in good working order.
- Familiarity with all aspects of the emergency plan and emergency equipment
- Responsible for providing list of goods needed to replenish medical kit supplies throughout the season.
- Maintain and address any safety hazards and precautions
All interested parties please email a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include:
- why you believe you are an ideal candidate for the position
- if you have ever been to vallecitos before
- your related experience
- your availability
- your contact information